This recipe is by Tim Shieff on Jamie Oliver’s food tube channel – Serves 4 people
This is a brilliantly easy refreshing summer salad with lots of Asian flavours like chilli ginger and lime. Super healthy with very low salt content fresh and delicious.
For the video for this recipe go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbj_5LndwaI
200g Rice Noodles
Selection of Chinese Mushrooms (oyster, shitake, Enoki, etc)
6 Spring Onions
2 cloves Garlic
1 red chilli
thumb of ginger
½ bunch Corriander
1 tsp flour
2 tbsp low salt soy sauce
1 tbsp agave syrup (can use honey)
1 tsp sesame oil
½ tsp rice wine
a splash of water
- Cover the rice noodles with boiling water in a bowl and put the bowl to one side.
- Slice the mushrooms, spring onions (put the green ends in a bowl for later), garlic and red chilli (remove seeds if you want less spice).
- Peel the ginger and chop into match sticks and chop the courgette into match sticks as well.
- Chop the coriander finely (add the leaves to the bowl with the green ends of the spring onions).
- Put a wok on a high heat and add the mushrooms to let them soften. Then add the rest of the veg you have just cut up to the wok and cook for 3 minutes.
- For the sauce add all the ingredients for the sauce to a small bowl and then mix. Add the sauce to the wok.
- Drain the rice noodles and rinse under cold water.
- Chop the spinach and add to the rice noodles. Then add the rice noodles to the pan and add some of the remaining coriander leaves.
- Put on a plate and add the rest of the coriander leaves and spring onion to the top and a lime wedge on the side.
I hope you enjoy!